Lampworking day #82. Working small for earring reasons.


These are Wednesday's beads.  I'm working smaller because I want to start making and selling jewelry but the truth is I only have enough supplies right now for earrings, and I don't want them to be too heavy.  So... small beads. 
Please excuse my shoe's random appearance in that picture above.  Also please excuse when I post pictures of beads without clean holes.  Honestly, I only have a few hours a day when I'm at home with good light for pictures, as I work early and get home late, so my pictures are often taken in a rush.  If it weren't so, you'd probably get to see super old beads all the time, and not fresh out of the oven, like this!  lol (like that really matters)


These beads are super tiny!  Check out the size comparison to a dime here:


Actually the big holed bead isn't small at all. 


For these I was trying to get them to be pairs and I made them on the same mandrel at the same time so that I could try to control them better. It was crazy cause even though I made them all at once, they're still super different. Like the dots are all different sizes and spaced differently... I guess that's what makes them unique?



I had something completely different in mind when I started making this one but when I saw it do this, I just had to stop and keep it like that, cause it's so cool!


I hope you liked them.  I'm excited to make stuff with them soon!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't leave anonymous comments. As long as you sign your name, all sarcastic remarks are welcome. :) Thankssss