Lampworking day #78. The open house. (1)


Uhhh... so, on Saturday, I had some friends come over to check out the studio.  Victoria Bendaud brought her super awesome camera and took the following pictures... :)

Victoria had checked out the blog and was wondering why there weren't many photos of the process.  The truth is that I simply hadn't had someone take them... until now?  I really love these pictures. 


Getting started.


Glass to mandrel...




Applying dots...


Letting them sink in...



Dots on dots...


Right before going in the kiln.


This is the first one I made on the huge mandrel... :)



Applying dots...





Applying more dots... :)


Ready to go in the kiln...


This bead I made with colors especially picked out by Paola.  (see the next post)



Making sure the shape is right...


Also ready for the kiln.



Applying dots and lines and miscelaneous decorations...


(That's after they've sunk in)


Then this is the last one I made.  We were joking that it looked like a hive at first...



There I am squashing it before rolling it on my bumpy shaping tool...   (not shown)  And... VOILA!


The final results will be posted soon.  Be patient with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't leave anonymous comments. As long as you sign your name, all sarcastic remarks are welcome. :) Thankssss