Lampworking day #100. Stud earrings and gang.


Woohoo!  I finally got started.  I was so scared to do it but I finally started experimenting.  I also made some green beads...They look kind of Shreky don't they?  Oooh and some focals.  Here they all are next to the dime.


Here's the Shreky combo:



And here are the mirrory focals.  Show them some love.




AND THESE ARE MY STUUUDDDDSSSSS!

Yes yes, I know.  They're all kind of irregular and there isn't really a single pair but these are literally my first ones.  (Actually the second one isn't pictured because it was an actual mess.) 


The posts are made from 925 sterling silver (try to see if you can see the stamp in the picture, it's there.) but they're kind of "chamuscados" on account of the fire work.  I've cleaned these a little after the pictures were taken and they're a little shinier, I will keep treating them with different things to see if I can get them back to normal.  I really just need to work on this technique a lot, as a whole.


That's the closest I got to a pair, though I must admit, I wasn't really trying.  I was just trying to DO IT.  You know?  And it really was complicated.  Totally different from everything I've done so far.  I used my murrini, too.  You did notice that though, didn't you?

Here are their butts.  The one in the center that is really cool from behind isn't so wonderful on the front (I'll call that one Jennifer Lopez)... 


What can I say?  I gotta keep working on this.  Hope you enjoyed this one.  :)

P.S.  I've begun the Etsy store tonight.  Soon there will be actual content in it and you'll hear about it first. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't leave anonymous comments. As long as you sign your name, all sarcastic remarks are welcome. :) Thankssss