Lampworking day #72. A kiln disaster, but some murrini practice. :)

The craziest thing happened on Sunday.  I made some murrini, I made some beads, I put them in the kiln, and I went to have lunch.  When I returned... the kiln was on 1500*F!!!!  (It's only supposed to go up to 960)  ...It smelled like a disaster, and that's what it was.  I lost everything in the kiln.  I though the kiln was ruined, too... but thankfully it wasn't.  I was so angry with myself for leaving the kiln.  I thought I had missprogrammed it but I'm thinking that maybe there was a power outage and that it somehow reset the kiln's program and that's how it got messed up.  Either way... I was super bummed at the glass puddles and the loss of every bead I had made that day.  I'm over it now, but overall I'm really dissappointed in this week because I haven't been productive at all.  Tomorrow will be a bead day!  HE DICHO!!!

Here's the pictures of my murrini which did make it because thankfully it doesn't need to be annealed and thus made it through the disaster, and well... some pics of the aftermath.  Because you'll like to see them. 


There's that cane...  It's kind of ugly but keep watching:


Then I cut it up... And voila!




And this is crazy - how did I know to take some pictures while I was working? It's the first time I do this, and I did it for a bead that I never got to see finished. Eerie.


I put some of my murrini in it.  I wonder if it would have turned out well...




A few hours later...



I hate how cool that looks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't leave anonymous comments. As long as you sign your name, all sarcastic remarks are welcome. :) Thankssss