Lampworking day #58, an explosion!


Remember this coin is dime sized. 

The beads on the left are just like the other beads I've been making so far, except for the fact that they were all made with the same colors, except in different patterns and combinations.  I like to see them as a set. 
The beads on the right are my first two big-holed beads!  And they make me ridiculously happy, because I get to wear them right away, since they were annealed immediately in the kiln through my BEAD DOOR!  I finally used it!!! wooohoooooooo


I love making beads like this because they're each so unique.  I like to let the glass kind of do it's own thing as I layer it, because I like the interesting shapes I get to see later.



Strike a pose, little bead.

...

And then... YOWZA!


Those are some big holes!  ::snickering::


There's the small one on my mom's gold chain.  (She promptly claimed it)


And here's the bigger one on my gold chain.  I absolutely love how these two go together... I will definitely make a few in the same colors and hopefully have a set or something.  The really exciting part of making these is that they can be strung on virtually any necklace and I don't have to worry about making the jewelry.  And I can sell them Pandora style.  That's pretty cool.  I look forward to making lots of these.  I've already gotten a lot of compliments and potential buyers!  :D

Check out that big hole!


I love you, big-holed beads!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't leave anonymous comments. As long as you sign your name, all sarcastic remarks are welcome. :) Thankssss