Lampworking day #52. Dots and colors.

First let me apologize for the crappy backdrops.  I kind of just wanted to show you these beads and then keep going.

I've had kind of a dry week (I'm posting on day #55) and it's not looking like I'm going to be much more productive in the next few days... Shit's been hitting the fan in every way lately.  For realz.


Here I was still playing with my large pile of shorts.  Trying different colors.  On the right you see me trying my transluscent pink and purple, and on the left you see me trying to see which colors react.  Or... burn when they touch?  I don't know how to explain it - hopefully if you're not familiar with the concept you'll understand with the pictures...


Some colors kind of burn when they touch and leave a black line between.  I can't even put into words how much I love that black line.  So I was trying some colors together to see which would burn...  :) 

For the top bead I put some filigrana and then some dots; the depth effect is really exciting to me...  (It's the one in focus for this next pic)


The gang...



Then there's this.  The blue one is the same blue from the previous post, I wanted to prove to myself that I could make something with this blue and not have it crack.  So I made a spacer.  -.-'  yeah... it didn't crack.  Whooptie-do.

The other beads... well, what can I say... I don't know how to feel about the transluscent colors.  Seriously it's so hard to keep them from burning (like the bead on the far left)...

They are kind of fugly but maybe in combination with something else...?

keep on swimming, keep on swimming...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't leave anonymous comments. As long as you sign your name, all sarcastic remarks are welcome. :) Thankssss