My very FIRST Christmas ornament!!!

I MADE A CHRISTMAS BALL!  I have been wanting to make christmas balls since forever.  I daydreamed about it for so long... the story about how I finally was able to do it is fodder for a very LONG and texty post.  But I have a feeling you're just here for the pictures... 


For those of my friends who know nothing about glass working basically what I did is I melted some glass onto the end of this plaster covered hollow mandrel (read stainless steel straw), decorated, and when the glass was hot enough, blew.



Of course since this is my very first one, it is crooked, small, and cracked.  See my very first bead and very first murrini, if you haven't yet.  This ball is beautiful for a first!  hahaha  It even has murrini.... hahaha  wow.







My mom is still going to put it on the tree hahaha next to the polymer clay and yarn ornaments I made when I was 3.  I, LOVE, HER.






From this angle it looks amazing.


Anyway, I can't wait to make more!  I can't wait to make them bigger, better, stronger!  Faster!  More than ever hour after our work is never over... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't leave anonymous comments. As long as you sign your name, all sarcastic remarks are welcome. :) Thankssss