Lampworking day #30. On color, shape, and cracking.


Yesterday was a productive day, within reason.  I woke up and went outside to take a short walk with my neighbor and her dog, then I made some (blue) beads, then I went out to lunch with another good friend for dim sum, then I went to my boyfriend's sister's house to watch the Germany-Australia game (amazing!!!), then we came back to my house and I made the rest of these beads while my boyfriend watched and I listened to Whose Line is it Anyway?.  Afterwards we had some pizza and eventually I went to bed.  It was the longest, nicest day I've had in a while. 

So about the beads!  The morning blue beads were for completing this set...


Pretty sweet, huh?  Learned a lot from the middle bead about shaping.

Then at night I made the two lollypop beads from the top picture.  I had a lot of trouble there with the first one, because I accidentally dropped and chipped it.  Then I tried to put it back in the flame to fix the cracked part but OF COURSE it cracked into a million pieces but I persevered and kept at it until I got it back together but of course it's WONKY.  The other one is pretty nice though. 

Then I decided to really play with color, and I made this beauty. 


Loves it?!!?!!!!

But this morning it had lost the wavy part, since I don't have the bead door yet and am batch annealing... I guess it didn't  make it.  :(  Win some, lose some. 


And there it is with it's little set.  I will probably make a lot more because I'm having fun with these. 


I basically make a thin multicolored disk and then let it melt... it spreads into this shape and the colors kind of do their own thing.  I love it.  Maybe I'll try something crazy tonight... :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't leave anonymous comments. As long as you sign your name, all sarcastic remarks are welcome. :) Thankssss