Lampworking day #19. Some more experiments...

Last night I only did experiments...


...like 2/6 successful...


First I made these orange ones to complete the set from the last few days.  The idea was to play with opaque on clear and clear on opaque, and then give the funky shape.  Which I'm calling a crink.  Cause I can.  I like the opaque on clear the most.  The shape of the other one doesn't quite do it for me. 

Then I made the small one, which was supposed to be like the ones I've been doing with the line down the middle and the dots, but due to the weird orange that changes colors the contrast is really low.  And I love contrast, so I don't love the result... but I do like the size and shape, a lot.


Then I made the two small ones from the next couple of pictures.  I wanted to play with color.  The rods (should have a comparative picture, but I didn't think of it... maybe later) are completely different from what I got!  :(  I wanted a strong turquoise and orange.  But I got lame aqua and red.  So then I tried the next one, with a rod that looked like 'rosa vieja' (what is the translation for this color?  dark pink?) and totally got... lavander.  :(  WTF!  I'll keep trying later. 


Then I made this... thing.  I wanted thin designs but when they melted into the bead they spread out...




See, I don't really hate this thing ... but it's definitely not what I was trying to do.   


Next time I'll make some stringer before trying this, maybe then I'll get the design to be thin enough so that it doesn't melt and spread horribly.  I keep telling myself it's a process, and it really is!

Much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't leave anonymous comments. As long as you sign your name, all sarcastic remarks are welcome. :) Thankssss