Lampworking day #5. A murrini bead attempt.

I know what I said on the previous post about giving up on beads until I purchased a kiln.  The thing is, yesterday I found out what kilns are selling for these days... (the previous link is for kilns in the US.  After shipping and everything they cost about TWICE AS MUCH here - I actually got a quote from THE kiln store in Panama).  So I'm going to attempt to find a local artist with a kiln to batch anneal my beads.  In the meantime I'm going to ensure flame annealing and I'm not taking my beads off the mandrels until after they've been annealed.  Does anyone know if cracked beads can be fixed by annealing them?  The darker one of these beads did get a crack in it.  ::tear::

Inside these two white beads are some of the murrini I made yesterday!  They got kind of squished but obviously this is my first attempt so bear with me...





I can't figure out what all those black spots in this bead are...




I made this last bead with the ends of the murrini I pulled yesterday. I really like the deep colors.









Cheers.

2 comments:

  1. It seems like you are improving by the day. Love the beads ^_^. The specks may be imperfections in the glass?

    ReplyDelete
  2. the specks are the shadow of micro bubbles in the glass
    AJ

    ReplyDelete

Please don't leave anonymous comments. As long as you sign your name, all sarcastic remarks are welcome. :) Thankssss