Lampwork day #7, another murrini failure...

I am seriously doubting doing anything with beads, because even as I should practice, I don't want to practice thinking my beads are going to break.  Until I get a kiln, I'm hesitant of making any beads. 

So I've been thinking more and more about murrini.  Here's the thing about murrini... my cutter is either bad or my murrini is bad.  I'm more inclined to think it's my murrini.  Mainly that if it isn't perfectly round it's harder to cut.  Is this right?  Because it chips, right?


Well.  At least I got the stretching part a little better... Here's the thing.  I had the round thing in mind from the very start, so I kept using my squashing tool... Then it got so hot... that it burnt me. 


So then I set that aside and kept working.  ...I kept trying to round off with the marvering paddle but then it started getting droopy and melting and stuff.  I really need to learn to paint the murrini more patiently.  Finally I gave up and rushed to finish; thinking... fuck it.  :(



I'm thinking of not even cutting these up.  Maybe I'll try to use this as a twisty or something for a bead in the future.  :(  So sad. 

Sad like this:    :( 

Thanks for reading...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't leave anonymous comments. As long as you sign your name, all sarcastic remarks are welcome. :) Thankssss