A time for change can be tough on your body

If you're going through a time for change, like I am, my advise to you is BE VEWY VEWY CAWEFUL.  Constantly changing your scene can be exciting and definitely good for your personal growth, but it can be a bitch on your body.  Always being on the go can be dangerous

Here are some things to keep in mind, and trust me - I know what neglect can do.  (it's not pretty)
  • Sleep is important.  Not how much time you sleep, but rather treasuring your uninterrupted sleep time. 
  • Eating.  Just because you're on the go isn't an excuse to eat out all the time.  Make sure to eat fiber.  I usually stay away from it because I have intestinal issues with fiber, but ... when you're stressed out, fiber is good for you.  If you're not the greatest cook, and don't have the time to cook, this may be dificult, but you can make an effort to find local places that make good homestyle meals.  In Costa del Este, there's a great little place at the Business Park foodcourt that makes great food that tastes home made.  Another great option is to actually eat at home - but not necessarily yours.  ;) 
  • Relax.  You will get things done.  Trust yourself, and trust that god will help you.  You can't try to be superman. 
  • Exersize.  This is what my friend Genevieve says:  "If you have time to check email, watch a sitcom, surf the Internet, have drinks, coffee or dinner with friends, go shopping, etc., then you have time to exercise. Yes, sometimes you have to sacrifice those things but the results are worth it!"  Now, I haven't particularily had time for those things either... but excersizing is what keeps you young.  Trust me.  I know this because I know what happens when you don't excersize, as well.  I lived in the USA.  Which actually should be USF.  And you know what that F stands for
  • Drink LOTS of water, when it comes to water, it's definitely all about quantity and not quality.  Just drink it, all the time.  Some people think that because they're busy they don't have time to stop to pee all the time, so the solution is not drinking water.  THIS IS THE WORST THING YOU CAN DO. 
  • Sugar is fattening, but it also gives you energy, so even if you're trying to be healthy, remember sugar isn't actually that bad for you.  And your body needs it.  My advice?  Eat a banana.  Bananas are delicious. 


I am a horrible example for physical health, but it's not because I don't know these things.  It's much easier said than done.  But people help people.  And having people in your life who support your healthy or unhealthy habits is a huge part of it as well.

Wish me luck, as my life may be undergoing yet another change.  But this time, I will be wary.

1 comment:

  1. Everything is bad if you have to much of it....i recommend a good balance of everything you mentioned...I'm not the great example of this either.

    And I could say the most important part of everthing is ORGANIZATION...y you are very organized you can make time for everything.

    ReplyDelete

Please don't leave anonymous comments. As long as you sign your name, all sarcastic remarks are welcome. :) Thankssss