I'm alive. And I've been making glass.

Considering how I used to post DAILY when I first started lampworking in 2010, yes, it's been a REALLY LONG TIME.  It's been, 11 months.  Almost a year.  I can't even... try to comprehend what happened.  And I feel somehow wrong to start updating this blog with all of the pictures of my work that I have taken since that time somehow before my friend Laurie's Design Soirée which was back in September 2013... but I'm still going to do it.  Because, I haven't stopped making beads.  And I haven't stopped selling them, either.  In fact, my work has changed, and I have made some new things... I mean, I haven't made any major progressions, I have been really really busy... but I have made some cute things worth sharing.

As a nutshell update on my life, at the time I stopped writing, I switched jobs again, I left everything to become an art teacher.  I worked for the past year as an TA in preK3, and started my masters in Art Education in January.  I got married 3 weeks ago, and started working at a new school as an art teacher this week.
With regards to beads, I had a huge accidental Christmas sale and I actually sold out.  I had no beads left, only wonky rotten ones.  People just bought the beads and made little necklaces out of string.  It was a huge success.  Then, people started ordering these string necklaces... So I've been making those necklaces almost exclusively since then..... selling them only at the cost of beads, because they're really just string necklaces.  I'll be showing you what I've been making over the next couple of posts...

Just for kicks, here are the ads I made for the design soirée and pictures from that night.......












No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't leave anonymous comments. As long as you sign your name, all sarcastic remarks are welcome. :) Thankssss