Lampworking day #11 and #12. THE KILN.

I got the kiln! 

I got it yesterday.  Yesterday was such a crazy day though, that I didn't have time to even finish reading through the kiln's manual. 

Today, was also a crazy day.  I finally got to see the LOST finale (I won't comment or spoil it, I promise.) which took my entire afternoon and then I had some wonderful family time with my parents, and now my eyes are doing that dry thing. ...I really really really wanted to start my kiln and batch anneal my beads. But I won't do it for a few reasons:

  1. The batch annealing cycle takes 7:40 hours

  2. I do not intend on babysitting the kiln for that long

  3. I can't look at the manual without my eyes closing automatically

  4. The batch annealing cycle takes almost 8 hours

  5. I still haven't learned how to program the kiln

  6. The batch annealing cycle takes almost 8 hours
SO, for those 6 reasons... I will batch anneal on SUNDAY. 

Tomorrow is Thursday and I will make some beads even if it costs me a relationship with a friend or family member.  On Friday I will also try to make some beads, and then Saturday is my brother's high school graduation, so I'm not allowed to use the studio for anything other than decorating it nicely to make it look like an empty room (my mom is the art studio DESTROYER) because we're having a small party/reunion.  On Sunday my dad and I will attempt to recreate the studio and hopefully ...I will anneal some fucking beads. 

Here's some info on my kiln...

This is what it looks like:
The thing about the kiln though is that it doesn't have a small opening for the mandrels to stick out.  So I need to buy this door separately: 
I know.  Why didn't I just buy this kiln?  Well...  The first kiln pictured literally fell from heaven, onto my wallet.  (which it crushed) 

...but seriously.  I need that kiln door.  Pray for my wallet, friends.  Please. 

Also pray for my sanity, and the fact that I need to find a timely fashion in which to anneal my beads that don't even exist yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't leave anonymous comments. As long as you sign your name, all sarcastic remarks are welcome. :) Thankssss