Lampworking day #10. Only research.

Sorry I don't really mean to turn this blog into a Twitter kind of update page.  But I did intend to write daily. 

No beads today.  I took a nap this afternoon because I was really tired, and I had the intention of getting up and making some beads afterwards.  When I woke up I had dinner... and then I came back to my computer to do some research before heading to the torch.  ...now it's 11:00PM and my eyes are starting to close by themselves and I can't stop yawning.  :(  Certainly not good torch energy so I'd rather not waste my time or yours tonight. 

About yesterday's beads, I'm still super excited and can't get over them.  Here they are again: 


And also because I don't like to leave a post without a picture!  Anyway out of the 12 beads I made, one of them cracked this morning RIP and one still hasn't come off the mandrel.  Both of them are/were the same cream color with red line and purple/yellow dots like above.  I probably could've taken the last one off the mandrel (biggest one I made yesterday) but seriously my hands are still sore from yesterday and I've hardly got the strength.  Tomorrow I'll try to get that one off with some assistance.  :)  I seriously love having assistance.

About the kiln - I contacted a lady that has one and hasn't used it for the two years she's had it!  It sounds like it's about small (kind of like this one, but only by the sounds of it, as I haven't seen it) and hopefully she'll give it to me for a good price!  I'm seriously hoping here.  I had a dream last night that she told me it would be $3,000.00!  FML.  But yeah I've been waiting for what seems like forever (I think since last Wednesday or Thursday?!) because she "hasn't had time to look for the receipt" and doesn't know how much to sell it for!  Please hurry up, lady.  My beadmaking business is on the line.  lol ... ok not my "business", but my sanity!  hahaha  yeah.  If anyone reads this and has resources and is interested in helping out, please do!  I need a kiln BADLY.  And I'm NOT willing to pay $3,000.00 - for the record!  OR $2,999.99 - for that matter!

Cheers.  See you tomorrow.  If PAOLA GOMEZ or LOST don't get in the way, I'll have some beads to show for myself.  :)

I love you, so much, for reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please don't leave anonymous comments. As long as you sign your name, all sarcastic remarks are welcome. :) Thankssss